
When we moved into this blue house we were so excited there was a row of Raspberries along the back fence. YUMMY! There are usually just a few handfuls a summer but I love them and never had stuff grow this easy in Arizona.

Zach and his Dad built me these two cute Garden boxes last summer! We have loved having a cute little corner for growing a few vegetables. We grew, yellow squash, zuchinni, green beans, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes and purple onions! Can't wait to make yummy homemade salsa again!




I HATE OUR APRICOT TREE!!! I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!
If you're thinking about it don't grow fruit trees. They are so messy and annoying. It took me about two hours to pick up all the slimy yucky apricots off the ground. Then we put down plastic and shook the branches like crazy and they are loaded this year. We dumped them in a box. We can't reach half the branches still. So of course there was a windstorm the next day and we are back to square one with nasty apricots all over the ground! I WANT TO CRY!!! At least the 3 little plum trees are not producing much this year. The apricots have been loaded very year.

I do love apricot jam and so we made do with the dumb situation and made some jam yesterday. I am trying to get motivated to clean it all up again tomorrow. Aargh!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
MY SUMMER YARD OF PLENTY!
Posted by Heather K at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
YUM. i can't wait to have some of that home-made jam, that looks amazing!
my husband would curse you for cursing your trees. He loves fresh fruit & anytime we are anywhere but AZ, he wants whatever fruit is in season there, & lots of it. Of course, he dosn't have to pick up your backyard!
your garden is awesome :)
Yeah, I hate our apple tree too. It doesn't even give us anything to eat, just a messy ground! Your garden looks awesome.
Good for you for making the most of way too much fruit. I think gardens are great, though. It's so rewarding to watch things grow and turn into food. I would love to have a garden. Sadly, all I have is a patio where the sunlight is either blocked out entirely or it is fatally direct, becoming the radiating beam of death to all plants who dare to peek their little heads above the surface....*sigh* It's just as well, however. It's too hot to go outside anyway. I'll just enjoy the pictures of your hard work and labor in a land that actually encourages produce.:)
The raspberries look yummy! I love raspberries and every time I go to the store they are like four bucks for a little container with only about 30 raspberries in it!! So that is awesome that they grow in your back yard! Sorry about the Stinkin Apricots! But your jam looks good!
Post a Comment