Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Arizona Trip





(LONG ENTRY FOR MY JOURNAL SO SKIP IT WHEN YOU FALL ASLEEP!)

We had a fun trip to Arizona over Memorial weekend. We flew in at midnight wednesday. I flew by myself with the two girls. It was a yucky time with 2 flights and a layover in San Francisco. Mallory cried on both landings with her ears hurting. Then as we were getting off the elevator in Tucson to get our baggage Mallory threw up on me 3 times. YUCKY! It was just the perfect ending for a horrific flight. Thank goodness Vanessa was there at baggage waiting to help me. I went straight for the bathroom and we cleaned up and threw our clothes away. Sydney was an angel on the flights! Thanks big sister Syd.
The rest of the week was so relaxing and fun! We visited the Grandma H's and then went to graduations and a good ole SD BBQ. Friday we had a special graveside devotional at Mom's grave with all of the 9 kids and some spouses and Syd and Mally. It was special and we should do it again when we are all together. Then we had a babyshower for Rachelle. After naps we celebrated Chad's B-day and went to Indianna Jones! Thanks Grandma and Gramps for babysitting the girls so I had a relaxing movie time. That night the Pollards arrived and it was fun to meet new baby Brynlnn.
The next day the Jones kids worked really hard in the yard, including Justin and Vanessa. Rachelle and I visited Britt and Brianna and the girls played. After the hard work we all went to the park with a yummy lunch from Kelli. The girls loved the playground and it was fun to practice softball together. That night we rented movies.
Sunday we slept in and watched a movie until church at 2pm. It's always fun to go to church in St.David and see all the families and visit. We had participation night at Grandma Higgi's. Kara and David, Trevor, Travis, Emily and her new baby and all the little cousins came and it was fun! Sydney sang I am a child of God with me and knows every word. Shumakers sang a silly song with helium they sucked from balloons! Then we had lots and lots of potluck dessert. I love participation night, so I was glad I was there.
Monday we got up at 6am and cleaned the St.David Cemetary for Memorial day with all the wards. Then after naps we went to the Cove and swam. The girls loved the wave pool and the slides. We had Taco Bell at Leah's and homeade yummy salsa. Then we packed and watched Bachellorette and went to bed early. We got up at 4am to fly home. Thanks Rachelle and Scott for your help at the airports. Thanks Katy for letting me borrow carseats. Best idea ever! Thanks Louisa for letting me use the bed for Mallory! We had a fun trip and are so happy to be home safe now!

7 comments:

The Price Family said...

I LOVED looking at all the pictures! I have not seen most of your family for years, so it was good to see them. I cannot believe how grown up everyone is! You look so beautiful Heather Girl! I love you...and I miss you tons!

FitzSimmons Times said...

Wow! Alot for one weekend! Looks like you had a great time! You are so brave to fly alone with the girls!

Creative Corner said...

Your sister just to the right of you looks tons like you and you are all so pretty! Sounds like a fun trip you look way to cute! I think I am about ready for a new little baby since we are on the same schedule what do you think. heheee. How cool you got to see Stephanie Meyers! I feel like her and I have the same Arizona connection too. hehee

The Cook Clan said...

How fun. Looks like a blast. Man, in some of those pics I have a hard time telling which one is you.

Colton and Ashley said...

Holy Cow! Everyone is all grown up! I haven't seen any of you since Uncle Ron's funeral....and I don't even think I saw all of you then! I'm glad you posted pictures! Oh, and tell Rachelle to get on board and update her blog! She better post pictures when that baby is born! loved this update!

Heather said...

Everyone looks amazing! And so grown up! Congrats to the graduates and Rachelle looks beautiful!

The Gooding Family said...

H Heather! I am glad you found me! Can I add you to my list? You can add me, too. I am sorry I missed you when you were down last. I must have still been in hibernation. It's fun catching up with you!