

So we finally did it! We traded in my cute (little) yellow Bug and bought a family car! We got a 2005 Honda Pilot EXL with leather!!! It is used but not too abused. It only had 32,000 miles and we have so much more room. We picked it up Friday night and I had to go straight to work so I didn't get to bond with the new car until Sunday afternoon. We drove to Grandma and Grandpa Kelsey's and it was a 45 minute trip to get used to the new car. WE LOVE IT!!!! The girls have so much more room and the seat leans back a little. We have the third row down flat right now, so we have more room for groceries and strollers. But if we need to fit 8 people we can! I think we will name him Maverick(pilot). I was sad to say goodbye to Taffy the Bug that I had dreamed about during nursing school. It was a fun car and it could really get up and go! But maybe someday when the kids are gone I will be a cool grandma in a convertible bug!





14 comments:
Hooray for a new to you car! Pilots are oh so nice, especially with leather, makes clean up a breeze (like I know, I don't have either...)
My mother-in-law just got a black convertible bug, so just bide your time Heather.
Nice new ride! I'm sure you'll look even hotter in this one.
how fun! I vowed to drive my Honda Accord into the ground, so I don't see myself getting a new car until I have too big a family to put in this one! I love Hondas!!!
Hey last year my mom bought a cute covertaable bug and when we asked her why... she said for the grandkids!! She takes them for rides all the time!!! it's fun! You new car is cute!! I am jealous ;)!!
ohhh how bitter sweet! fun pictures, thanks for sharing. and yes, he DOES look like a maverick.. good choice. but of course "aisa" IS a great name too. haha! i can't even name my kid, what do i know? thank goodness sydney has great ideas. :) well hopefully i'll see you this weekend. talk to you soon.
LOVE: Mrs. Hurd
Congrats! We would love to have a Pilot!! You will have to let me know how it works for you guys.
Looks like a fun new ride. When Zach came to show us the car, Syd was very excited and Mal was going crazy! Looks like you'll have some fun trips and lots more room.
WOW~ I too am jealous but I loved seeing you drive around in the cute bug. Congratulations.
About time already! lol
NICE! It's always fun to get a new car! Especially a nice one! So, Congrats!
I can't believe Rachelle is having a baby! Hooray! Tell her congrats and to start a blog already.
Man its been forever, i just started the blog, im a slaker.....ill get better.
How are you? your family is so adorable, your kids are TO cute!
i would love to go to rachelles baby shower, and i plan on going down that day to so...ill email you and give you my address, and i have a few others also...thanks for finding me......
hey, my address is 5371 n long rifle rd, prescott valley, az 86314. i don't know if i will be going to SD but i hope i can....how fun a new car! can't put a price tag on having more room especially with kids
Poor Bug! Happy new Honda!
Post a Comment