Sunday, October 4, 2009

Labor Day weekend camping!

All of us reading and watching the girlies warm their hands by the fire!


We went camping with the Kelsey's for two nights over labor day weekend. They princess camp and I love it! They had a toilet tent, shower tent, cooked for us and we all slept on air mattresses! Zach teased his Mom that she should just get a camp trailer and it would be a lot easier to set-up and clean-up! Not the same! We have not been camping ever with Mallory. CRAZY because we love camping too! We got a flat tire on the way there. So Zach put a donut on and drove in to Burley and we payed for 4 new tires. So camping ain't a cheap vacation for us!!! The girls smashed into the truck with Eddy and Val and I drove the 4 wheeler in for about 1/2 an hour. I was filthy. Every strand of my hair was covered in dirt. Other than that and Mallory getting stung by a few hornets it was a really relaxing, fun time! We had such yummy foil bakes and smores and pancakes! Zach and I read books and the girls colored and played dolls in a fairy house Grandma helped them make. We went on 4-wheeler rides, took naps and the girls loved their hikes with grandpa.( Cute memory I have to write down.... Around the campfire we played I spy and it was funny. The girls kept saying " I spy something orange or yellow or blue" and it was always the fire! It is kind of hard to play that game in the dark, I will give them that.)

The Fairy house the girls made with grandma. The girls loved it!

The girls colored for hours on their little table together.


Fun 4-wheeler rides and Mallory after she was stung on the eyebrow and finger.

5 comments:

Rifle Fam said...

How fun! I loved camping as a kid--we need to do it more.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh thats a sad picture of Mallory! Looks like a fun time. We miss our buddies, come play!

Cottrells said...

Camping is hard on mommies but the kids will always remember those fun trips!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

fun! Gotta love camping :)

Brian and Janette said...

So sad for Mallory! But what a fun time with all the other stuff. Man, I really need to go camping...been too long!