I will be honest I worked Friday night and did not watch Saturday Conference yet. But I did go to the Young Women Broadcast last week and that was amazing and the Prophet was inspired to talk about things we are struggling with our Young Women. We had my Sisters over Sunday and we watched both sessions of conference sunday. They were really powerful. I wanted to write down some of my thoughts from these sessions before I forget them.
1. I was so thankful for the talk on the Savior and that he has of course experienced everything and we are never alone.
2. More than once speakers said we have more help than we know from the other side.
This was very special to me because when I really need my Mom I feel she is still there helping me and closer than I know. It was a testimony that they are not very far away and that they are not too busy to look after us still.
3. I need to reach out to the lonely more and be a better friend. I need to serve more and enjoy the blessings also.
4. I need to be more willing to share the gospel with my friends.
5. I deeply want to be able to go to the temple more often and should make it a goal to go at LEAST once a week.
I will have to add to this list after I watch the Saturday sessions. I am always uplifted, strengthened and inspired to be better after conference.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
General Conference
Posted by Heather K at 11:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
I enjoyed this post Heather, it was a good refresher for me. I also enjoyed conference, and just felt completely uplifted, and like I can make it through these tough times. I love how inspired our leaders are.
Wow HOW lucky are you if you are able to get to the Temple once a week!! Holy cow! That is amazing that you try at least to go once a week. Conference was great, definitely things that I need to work on as well.
We had the opportunity to go to a session of conference. I will be honest I never get really into conference. I was truly inspired this last weekend. I have been struggling with some things and I felt like there was soooooo much that i learned and heard that have helped me so much. It was amazing to see the love and concern our prophet has for all of us!
I haven't really gotten into conference much lately. I did feel that the talks were very good and I enjoyed being able to have a relaxing weekend and enjoy the messages that were shared with us. I too want to make it to the temple more often. I think we should just set dates on our calenders and help with sitting. I think it would be fun to go together as well! Call me!
I only watched the Sunday sessions and you've inspired me to catch up on the rest. I appreciate that you shared your notes and how the talks touched you, especially about your mom.
I agree conference was so wonderful again!! I was also so impressed how the prophet said all the right things to our girls. I hope they were all listening. Happy Easter!!
Thank you for sharing your sweet though. I just enjoy you so much. When I count my blessing and good freinds you are top on the list. Thanks for sharing your thoughs on your mom it was soooo touching. i LoVe YoU!!!
Post a Comment