


I LOVE THE COMMERCIAL THAT SAYS:
"HI! I BAKED YOU A CAKE. IT'S BURNT, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A HOTTIE FROM HOTTINGHAM!"
WE MADE LOADS OF SUGAR COOKIES FOR OUR FRIENDS AND PEOPLE WE WORK WITH AND LOVE!
THIS IS MY FAVORITE RECIPE EVER FOR SUGAR COOKIES.....COURTESY OF MY GOOD FRIEND CANDICE!(who is the best cookie maker EVER) Funny story, we first tasted Candices cookies in 2001. Zach loved them and wanted me to get the recipe. She gladly gave it to me but I wanted to wait and make them for Zach's valentines gift so I told him when he asked about the cookies that she said it was a family secret. He said that's CRAP! He moped and was kinda annoyed at Candice....sorry. Then he was so suprised on Valentines day, even though they were not as perfect as Candices. But I get better every year and they are so soft and yummy and I love the Almond!
SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup butter
1 egg
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. creme of tartar
Mix butter,sugar, egg, vaniilla and almond extract. Add dry ingredients. Cover and chill for 2-3hrs. Roll to 1/4" thickness, cut into shapes. Bake on lightly greased baking sheet at 375 for 7-8 minutes. Cool and frost and decorate!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
Posted by Heather K at 3:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Heather your cookies very very good. We all loved them. Thanks so much
ok so when you said "almond" at the end i HAD to share what i did this week! i made mom's poppyseed bread and it was to DIE for. nessa came over, and the batter was in my mixer and she was like "oh looking at that reminds me of mom." it really did though, it was so funny! anyway you should make it cuz it is hella good!! i love the orange glaze that goes on top. i have her recipe if you don't. anyway.. love ya tons. -shmell
I love the blog! Ours is http://hawkley-family.blogspot.com/
it's not as cute as yours but I'm excited to check up on what ya'll are up to!
Yeah Heather!! So glad you switched to the true church of blog! Just kidding! Anyway, I'm so happy to stay in better touch with you, cuz lets be honest...I'm kind of lame with that! Love you!
Jet the2skinnys.blogspot.com
HJ
YAY! I love your new blog sooooooo cute!S0 the other day I was thinking of you and if I was on the show "Deal or No Deal" I would have you as one of my buds on the side giving me advice........just my deeeeeeep thought of the day!
Hey Heather!! I love that receipe too!! It's always been a favorite!! I'm excited to keep in touch with your family as now you can with our site too...http://utahsessions.blogspot.com/.
Love ya!
Charlie
Heather! I came across your blog...How exciting! I haven't seen you guys in FOREVER! How are you? How's the rest of the family? We are in Colorado. Colt is finishing his 2nd year in dental school. Well, I'm excited to hear the latest with you guys! Your girls are SO cute.
Cuz, Ashley
Heather Girl...YEAH!!! I am so excited you have a blog now. I love being able to check in on you. I miss you so much, and maybe this will make it feel like you are a little closer.. I so need to come to Idaho and visit you! LOVE YOU!!
Sara
I was seriously so annoyed trying to leave you a comment on your other blog! Im glad you made the switch! :)
cute new blog background ;)
Post a Comment